Monday, November 16, 2009

Hell Week: Day 1

Hell Week is the first week of cutting out something you are used to and starting withdrawl symptoms, fighting cravings, and trying to trudge through all the other obstacles that try to keep you from your goal.

Well I've already messed up. In my defense though I had made the decision to start Hell Week today after my first and 2nd cigarette of the day. So now I've made the decision and here we go.
While figuring up budgets yesterday we realized that between hubby & I we are spending about 300 bucks a month in cigarettes. We can't do this anymore. In an attempt to get us to quit, my mother made us a deal. If we quit for 30 days, no cheating at all, she will give us each 100 bucks. So lets see...save 300 bucks a month plus be able to breathe better, taste things we havent tasted fully in 15 years almost plus 100 bucks on top of that. Yeah thats a deal I can't pass up. I dont know if B has decided to do it yet or not but I am. We are not allowed to smoke in the house anymore. I want the stale cigarette smell out of here, for good. I figured blogging about it would hold me more accountable and actually get this done this time. Instead of quitting for a few days and going right back.

Let's see how this goes....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check out a place called becomeanex.org.. it is a great place with resources for quitting smoking and support groups.. I plan on being an EX smoker by my birthday.. antoher thign is don't say I am quitting smoking say to yourself I am becoming and ex smoker AGAIN I mean after all you were't born smoking soo you are simply returning to your original state..